The clausure of the Dominican Monastery is one of the oldest and most valuable historical buildings in Estonia, established in 1246.
Here is also operating the Claustrum Gallery, displaying medieval carved stones as well as termporary exhibitions.
Out of all huge St. Catherine Convent there are well preserved only some archaic rooms of the Eastern side.
These are the prior’s room, library, the capital/chapter hall, dormitory, sacristy (vestry) and, the upper gallery.
There are on permanent display lots of medieval carved stones.
Besides, bimonthly there are renewed different art exhibitions, mostly photographic.
Today, the Mass and sacraments are administered in a separate former sacristy, by the Anglocatholic Church here.
Our current Institute derives from Academia Catholica, established in 1994.